Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week in review

Still reeling from the after-effects of about 3 hours of sleep, I'll try my best to blog on this amazing, incredible, and most of all ballin' experience. The Riley Institute, Furman University, and Knowledge Works have done an exceptional job of providing an opportunity for young students that will impact them tremendously. The counselors and staff have certainly spoiled all 22 EPL participants with food, activities, but most of all, respect. I've never been to a camp where dance parties can run til 2 a.m, and the counselors are still cool about everything the next day.

In addition, I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to spend my week with. All of them have been very respectful, outgoing, and fun(especially after 10 p.m.). I never, in my wildest dreams, could have anticipated this type of group at a summer leadership camp. But, after getting to know each one of you, I've concluded that all 21 of you guys are, in essence, "supermen/women". Emerging Public Leaders are individuals who possess initiative, determination, and courage. You all exhibit tremendous potential, and this experience has just enhanced the leadership skills that I can already see in each one of you.

Whether it's getting into your dream school or operating a successful service project, I wish all of you future success. This has truly been one of the best weeks of my life, and I will miss all of you. I can't wait to see everyone on Pi day(3-14, for those who don't attend a math/science school).

Cheers,
Chong

No comments: