Wednesday, July 25, 2007

now that i've figured out how to do this..

hey epl!
so i've never actually done a blog before, but i'd have to say this is ballling.. i shouldn't have waited so long!
but seriously- so far this week I have learned so much. the people are amazing(!) and I have learned something at everyone of the sessions even if it wasn't something I thought I would be interested in. my biggest education has been in southern speaking (apparently I have an accent?) & small towns. it is really kind of weird coming from cincinnati, ohio (which is a pretty big town) & hearing about a lot of the issues that are facing the smaller towns in south carolina. still, we have a ton in common.
my favorite thing so far was waiting yesterday. it felt great to know we were helping out! we have a rehabbing program at my high school, but I have never went before. i plan to work with that project once i'm home, now that I know how rewarding it is.
thanks for making everything so much fun y'all! (i guess being in the south is wearing off on me)
mikaela

No comments: