Wednesday, July 25, 2007

harrypottering - v. used as a nondiscript verb

Already in our 4 days of Emerging Public Leaders, the EPL crew has significantly impacted the world with the creation of a new verb. Perhaps less apparent, however, are the future actions we'll perform with the knowledge we have been so generously granted. Though I admit today's lunch was pretty painful, I really think we'll need this skill later in life! Yes, one day we will take a course in college and blow the professor away with our boundless knowledge in the field of dining etiquette.....

The few moments we're not eating or reading Harry Potter have been really interesting as well. I wasn't expecting to love Mr. Ching's presentation yesterday on world poverty as much as I did. Perhaps it was because he threw in that little dab of Chinese history. Anyway, I'm really beginning to get excited about my service project as more and more ideas are thrown at me. Time to brainstorm!

-Anna Lynn

No comments: