Sunday, July 29, 2007

Barely 24 hrs later and I miss it!

Its barely been 24 hours since I've been off campus and I miss y'all already! I have never been anywhere that treated me with such respect and responsibility. The Riley Institute gave 22 high school seniors/juniors (I didn't forget u David even though u acted like a senior) the opportunity of a lifetime. All the student counselors (Quentin, Shun, Cindy, Elizabeth, Monica) were totally cool and completely nice even at 2 AM. And the other administrators (Brooke, Cat, Leigh, Dr. Gordon) gave me and experience that I will never forget. I was totally spoiled with food and responsibility and for a brief week, was given the opportunity to be a Furman student.

EPL was one of the most educating and inspiring weeks of my life. I was able to learn from some of South Carolina's best and brightest on what it takes to lead and inspire. The faculty at Furman are some of the most intelligent people I have ever had the honor of learning from, and it truly was an honor.

To the EPL class of '07, YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST! I will always remember each of you and I promise to play soulja boy at least once a day! You each have made a lasting impression on me and I can't wait to see everyone on Pi day (thanks Chong). Hopefully I can find some good sweet tea up north but I doubt it! I wish each of you the best of luck in your endeavours and I know you will all find success in whatever path you choose.

Keep in touch! I love you guys!

~Drew

No comments: