Saturday, July 28, 2007

She's Leaving (for) Home...

So yesterday was an awesome way to end our full-day EPL experience. The workshops really helped me with organizing my thoughts about potential service projects, even though I still am unsure exactly *what* I'm going to do (I know it will focus on my school and "education" however). There are so many ways to make a difference. It's just a matter of choosing the right project. Kinda like choosing a college. :)

Our city council simulation had an entertaining Jerry Springer-ish appeal to it. Remind me NEVER to live in the city of Norwood. But as the mother to 15 kids and After School Program Director, I'm glad that nutty council passed our 1% sales tax. Mikaela and Mia, let's virtually high-five. You all were *great* allies!

The Greenville Drive baseball game was fun even though the team lost. We all got to meet Senator John McCain. Even though I'm not a Republican, who would pass up an opportunity to shake hands and take a photo with a US Senator and (maybe?) future president? It was cool that he was nice enough to talk to Anna and Drew's parents on the phone! Other than my brush with fame, I had so much fun jamming during the game with Anna E and Miya and in Cindy's "multicultural" car with Miya, Mia, and Luis. Our car definitely bounced the most.

The late-night toga party, Bell Tower trip, and Catchphrase were amazing, of course. Supamaaaaaaan!!!!!

Good luck with your projects, everyone! I'm going to miss you all!!!!! But that's what Facebook is for, right?

Athena

No comments: