Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today

This is the first time I've blogged so far. I don't know whether to feel nervous or excited. It's pretty cool, I've never been at a camp that did something like this. Either way, we had several great lectures today, but the one that probably stuck with me the most was Dr. Raber's lecture about ethics. I thought it was interesting because rather than talk about ethics (which often is conveyed as an abstract idea that is hard to define, inevitably leading to boring beating-around-the-bush rhetoric), Dr. Raber created an interactive approach. He posed various mock situations in which we discussed what ideas and methods we would use to solve conflicts. I especially appreciated the lecture because instead of feeding us his personal thoughts and beliefs, he simply put the ideas into our head and let us battle it out for ourselves. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and blogging some more.

Colin

No comments: